Many of our events are on hold but we will bring to you the events we are able. We can't wait to fully be back and celebrate our wonderful school community together!
The PTA organizes a variety of fundraising events to help pay for important school programs. These events have the added benefit of being a lot of fun for our families, bringing us together as a community.
Stay tuned for the next Dine Out!
Support our local restaurants and on designated days the school earns a percentage of the proceeds! Participating restaurants have been Redwood City BBQ, Crouching Tiger, Canyon Inn, Sancho's, Villa Lucia, Mountain Mike's Pizza, Chipotle and others! All of course do take-out too. Do you have a favorite restaurant you'd like us to contact? Email us at email@example.com.
October 19th - November 6th, 2020
The Fall Fundraiser is a perfect opportunity to stock up on gifts of cookie dough, popcorn, chocolate, wrapping paper, and more. Students can even earn prizes! This year the fundraiser is all online and purchases shipped straight to the home. So easy to help the school raise money and get some goodies out of it!
Scholastic Book Fair
March 8th - 21st, 2021
The Scholastic Book Fair is back! While the Fair will be held online this spring, we still plan on making it a fun and joyous experience for our kids. Our Virtual Fair features:
- A fully Virtual Fair so you and your kids can experience the joy of the Book Fair experience!Browse nearly 300 titles by grade, meet popular authors, watch book videos, and discover the magic of reading
- Direct access to over 6,000 additional titles with family-friendly prices at the Scholastic StoreOnline
- Every dollar you spend will benefit our school directly (25% back in rewards for every purchase!)
Henry Ford Teachers Read Aloud Night, Thursday, March 18th, 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Meeting ID: 896 5673 7153
Reading Partners will also be hosting a read-aloud and workshop, March 10th (English) and March 11th (Spanish) at 5:30pm. Join here: http://bit.ly/ReadingPartnersFamily
April 30th - May 14th, 2021
Our annual Spring Fundraiser is going online! We will miss gathering together to end the school year but we can still support the school by bidding on all of the wonderful generous donations from businesses and families. Importantly even during Covid days, the PTA still pays for PE, Art in Action, Project Cornerstone, Reading Specialists, Mystery Science, Scholastic News, Classroom Supplies and more.
The Spring Fundraiser is now LIVE through Friday, May 14th at 8pm!
Go to charityauction.bid/HF2021 for the chance to win fabulous items and experiences donated from our wonderful community of businesses and families. These are just a few of the amazing possibilities!
- Auction (the highest bid wins!) - Tahoe Vacation Rental, Custom Chalk Art by Woodside Plaza’s very own Chalk Granny, Principal for the Day, Diamond and Amethyst Earrings, Private Plane Tour of San Francisco, Gas Fire Pit, and more.
- Buy-it-now Items - Pajama Story Time with Mrs. B, Monthly Marquee Message, and more. Act fast before these experiences are gone!
- Themed Baskets (the more tickets you buy the greater chance you have of winning!) - Fire Pit Movie Night, Star Wars Legos, Apple Watch, Nintendo Switch, American Girl Doll, CA$H, and more
- Wine Wall (each ticket wins a bottle of wine, valued up to $180!) - O’Shaughnessy Mt. Veeder Napa Valley 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon, Flowers Vineyards and Winery 2017 Chardonnay, La Honda Winery 2017 Syrah, and more. Limited wines available. Buy a ticket before they sell out! Ticket holders can then join us on Saturday, May 15th at 5pm for our virtual Wine Wall Live Event where we “spin the wheel” for the winners of each wine. Attending the live event is not required to win but we would love to see you there!
Thank you for supporting Henry Ford and helping provide essential programs and enrichment opportunities. To learn more about how the money raised supports the school, go to www.henryfordpta.org/our_pta.
Pasta Dinner, Carnival & Auction
Join us in May for our community fundraiser at Henry Ford! Enjoy carnival games, bouncy slides, a petting zoo, a special “toddler zone” (for kids under 4) and of course our famous pasta dinner. Don't miss the popular Stanford Band! All families and friends, teachers and staff, and community members are welcome!
The evening also includes:
- A Grand Prize Raffle
- A drawing for exciting baskets full of prizes
- A “Buy-It-Now” area where you can purchase great prizes for 50% off their retail value
Though many of our family events are on hold this year, we are introducing new experiences to help families connect with the school. These are a hit! We are continuously working on new ideas for our children to still have fun experiences during these times. Check back here for more!
The PTA organizes numerous events just for our families to have fun. If you have an idea you'd like to share, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you! New faces and ideas are always welcome.
Neighborhood Chalk Walk
October 2nd, 2020
Show Henry Ford spirit through community chalk art! Please join our Henry Ford families by creating school spirit art outside your home. Use words, numbers and images in chalk to express your Mustang love! Then take a walk with your family to enjoy the art of our fellow Mustangs.
Check out the chalk art outside the school created by Redwood City artist Mary Kay Mitchell (aka ChalkGranny).
Halloween Pumpkin Exhibit
October 30th, 2020
Carve a pumpkin and illuminate Henry Ford with the glow of your jack-o-lanterns! We invite students and families, teachers and staff to show off their carving or decorating skills by bringing a pumpkin to add to the glow. Show off our school spirit to the neighborhood and see us shine!
Winter Art Contest
January 7th, 2021
Celebrate winter by showing off your artistic talents. Get creative with your materials! Even get family members involved in your creation. Winning art will be awarded a prize!
Ice Cream Social
The annual Ice Cream Social, held just before our first PTA meeting, is a great way to celebrate the start of the school year. Meet our board leadership as they scoop!
Held each fall on the Henry Ford campus, the Fall Fiesta brings the school and Woodside Plaza neighborhood together to kick off the academic year with food & fun. Highlights include food trucks, carnival games, bake sale and a Grand Prize raffle for Disneyland tickets!
Hometown Holiday Parade
Show off your Mustang pride by marching in Redwood City's annual Hometown Holiday Parade. All Henry Ford families are welcome to join together, singing songs and showing why our school has the best spirit in Redwood City. Wearing holiday bling is encouraged!
Bring the whole family onto campus and dance the night away. Enjoy the decorations of the winning theme voted on by the students, take photos at our photo booth, and dance, dance, dance to the the professional DJ.
Warm up your arms and bring your friendly, competitive spirit. The whole family will enjoy the mayhem and fun. Held off-campus at Sports House and lead by their coaches. Remember the five D's of dodgeball: dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge. ~ Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story