The Henry Ford PTA is a non-profit parent volunteer organization bringing together parents, teachers, students, and the Redwood City community to enrich the learning experience of our students. Active parents at Henry Ford make a huge impact fundraising, helping in the classrooms, and engaging the community.
Henry Ford is an inclusive neighborhood school made up of dedicated families, experienced staff and an abundance of Mustang Pride.
The Henry Ford PTA proudly offers students many parent-led programs such as Project Cornerstone, Art in Action, and STEAM programs including a dedicated Makerspace and after-school coding clubs.
Our PTA funds also support PE, Mystery Science, Scholastic News, Field Trips, Assemblies, Reading Specialists, Classroom Supplies and more.
Every year we host two festive community fundraising events, each providing creative and collaborative volunteer opportunities. Plus we organize many smaller events to engage families, making volunteering easy and accessible. We hold fast to the motto “Many hands make light work” (plus, it’s more fun anyway).
We know that students thrive when supported by a diverse group of caring adults. Whether you choose to volunteer from your home in your pjs or on campus with students, we hope you will join our community of families and staff who are dedicated to working together to improve students’ academic and emotional enrichment.
- PE – Coaches teach our kids the physical well-being & social emotional skills to lead active, healthy lives.
- Music for Minors – Numerous studies show that music education enhances reasoning & language skills. Plus it’s fun!
- Art in Action – Develops creativity, critical thinking, self-expression, & cultural awareness through discussion on art history and techniques with hands-on activities.
- Project Cornerstone – Discussions and activities utilizing fun picture books to promote healthy emotional well-being and positive interaction with fellow students, teachers and the community.
- Scholastic News – Engages students with current events and builds nonfiction-reading skills.
- Field Trips - Great memories are made with off-campus educational activities and experiences, enhancing classroom curriculum.
- Classroom Supplies - An important resource to ensure teachers have the tools they need for a successful classroom.
- Reading Specialists - Experienced educators work with children identified needing additional reading support so they don't fall further behind.
- Assemblies - Special programs presented to the school featuring water conservation, anti-bullying and many more topics.
- Makerspace - STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) lab encouraging hands-on projects promoting critical thinking and collaboration and the introduction to coding with CS First and Scratch.
- And MORE!
PTA Open Positions for the 2021-22 school year!
The Henry Ford PTA is looking for enthusiastic new members of our volunteer team. Whether you have been involved with the PTA or are new to volunteering, we welcome all. Training and support is provided. Immediate needs are:
Fall Fundraiser (co-coordinator)
We encourage anyone interested in learning more about what's going on at the school, to attend our monthly meetings. All are on Tuesday evenings at 7pm and will be held over Zoom.
Meeting Schedule (Tuesday evenings at 7pm):
September 14th January 11th
October 12th February 8th
November 9th March 8th
December 14th (subject to change) April 12th
As a PTA member you have voting rights to approve budgets and decide board leadership. Membership dues also help pay for our insurance and other filing fees to remain a non-profit organization. Annual membership is only $10 ($15 for a family). Please consider signing-up for or renewing your PTA Membership. Being a PTA member is not required to volunteer but it does help when every dollar counts.
Henry Ford PTA
2498 Massachusetts Avenue
Redwood City, CA 94061
It takes a village! The Henry Ford PTA is made up of MANY dedicated parents, and the following parent volunteers have taken on key roles to benefit our children and school community:
- President (board member) - Becky Foutch
- Vice President (board member) - Carmie Chan
- Treasurer (board member) - Jonathan Sewald
- Secretary (board member) - Francesca Ferrari
- Faculty Liaison – Amy Barstad
- Website – Carmie Chan, Becky Foutch
- Weekly Newsletter – Carlo Contavalli
- Social Media - Becky Foutch
- Graphic Design - Lisa LaRock
- Direct Donations – Malia Anzelc
- Dine Out – Suzy Fong
- Staff Appreciation – Meg Saito, Carmie Chan
- Spirit Wear – Brittany Miller
- Yearbook – Chuck Walter
- Art in Action – Krissie Rice
- Project Cornerstone – Kelley McCarthy, Anna Mrsny
- Garden –Megan and Warren Schechter
- Makerspace - Becky Foutch, Chuck Walter
- Membership – Janet Lawson
- Emergency Supplies – Jamie Brown
- Italian Class - Carlo Contavalli
- Fall Fiesta – Open Position
- Fall Fundraiser – Jamie Brown
- Hometown Holiday Parade - Open Position
- Family Dance – Open Position
- Book Fair – Joanne Penko
- Family Dodgeball – Ellie Artale
- Spring Fundraiser – Ellie Artale, Jamie Brown, Claire Hoagland, Kelley McCarthy, Krissie Rice
- Pasta Dinner Auction – Open Position
- Pasta Dinner Carnival – Open Position
- Pasta Dinner Food – Open Position
- Pasta Dinner Classroom Basket – Ellie Artale