Henry Ford offers two different after school care programs, REACH and Catalyst Kids. See below for information.
In addition, we have numerous after-school enrichment opportunities, on campus! These include art, robotics, basketball, Junior Chefs, Legos, and Zumba.
See list below for the current offerings for Fall 2022:
- Drawing & Cartooning with Young Rembrandts
- Stem Program - Robotic club
- Ballet & Etiquette
- Crochet and Knit - for fourth and fifth graders. Tuesdays from 2:50-3:50 in room 5, 10 sessions starting on September 13th. To register, contact Ms. Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dan’s Pi Shop - a tech workshop using Raspberry Pi computers for 4th and 5th graders. Wednesdays from 2:45 until 4:15 PM in room 4, 10 sessions starting this Wednesday, September 7th. To register, contact Dan at email@example.com.
- Girls on the run - for third, fourth and fifth grade girls, every Monday and Wednesday 2:45 to 4:15pm started Today September 12th. To register contact Ms. Koolpe at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Covacha at email@example.com .
- Makerspace - for third, fourth and fifth graders. Wednesday from 2:45-3:45 in the Makerspace Lab, 10 sessions starting on September 14th. To register contact Ms. Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our amazing school staff for arranging all these great enrichment opportunities for our students!
Henry Ford has two on-campus child care options.
REACH, Redwood City Parks and Rec.
Recreation Coordinator: Melissa Stewart
(650) 333-5723 or (650) 780-7310
Site Supervisor: Briana Huss
Makerspace Coding Class, and Design Class
The Makerspace is an expansion of the STEAM (Science/Technology/
After school activities are utilizing our Makerspace, including a FREE Raspberry Pi coding class, and a FREE Design class, with plans to design and create carnival games to be used at our Pasta Dinner! These are available to upper class students, with hopes to expand to younger students in the future.
Enrollment information will be sent home with your child. To volunteer or donate materials, email email@example.com.
Young Rembrandts -- Art and Robotics
Drawing classes offering child-friendly and relevant subject matter to spark interest and increase knowledge retention. Through the process of weekly instruction students are exposed to a wide variety of subject matter, artistic concepts, art history and mastery of their materials. Enrollment information will be sent home with your child, or your can sign up here.
Zumba! A fitness program combined with fun dancing.
See HERE for more details about class.
What can you do with over 20,000 pieces of LEGO®? In our Engineering with LEGO® enrichment program, take on real-life engineering challenges. In our classes, explore concepts in physics, architecture, mechanical and structural engineering. Find inventive solutions in a fun-filled context that supports the growth of young minds through hands-on, minds-on learning. Enrollment information will be sent home with your child.
Bringing professional and affordable chess instruction to children. Students learn the benefits of focusing, visualizing, weighing options, analyzing concretely, abstract thinking, planning, patience, thinking ahead, socializing, logic, risk vs. reward. Enrollment information will be sent home with your child.