Henry Ford offers a variety of after-school programs, both child-care and enrichment opportunities. These are fee based programs except where noted.
Henry Ford has two on-campus child care options.
REACH, Redwood City Parks and Rec.
Recreation Coordinator: Melissa Stewart
(650) 333-5723 or (650) 780-7310
Child Development Center (CDC)
Site Supervisor: Briana Huss
The Makerspace is an expansion of the STEAM (Science/Technology/
Enrollment information will be sent home with your child. To volunteer or donate materials, email email@example.com.
- The Makerspace Lunch Club is a parent-supervised lunchtime period for upper-grade students to engage in creative independent and collaborative projects. The Lunch Club is a very popular program and is one of the most gratifying volunteer opportunities at Henry Ford. Students have the following to say: "I can't believe we get to come here!" "I'm so happy when I'm here." "I want to come every day." "Thank you so much for the Makerspace!" "I'm so excited, I don't know what to make!" "I don't want to leave."
- Free after-school CS First and Scratch Coding Clubs are available to every grade when parent volunteers are available.
- Teachers are invited to use the space and materials for classroom activities.
They explore. They pursue projects they find interesting.
They work on projects that show whimsy and playfulness.
- WILLING TO TAKE ON RISK
They aren’t afraid to try new things.
- WILLING TO TAKE ON RESPONSIBILITIES
They enjoy projects that can help others.
They don’t give up easily.
They look for materials and ideas in unlikely places.
- WILLING TO SHARE
Share knowledge, tools and support for others.
They believe they can make a difference in the world!
Drawing classes offering child-friendly and relevant subject matter to spark interest and increase knowledge retention. Through the process of weekly instruction students are exposed to a wide variety of subject matter, artistic concepts, art history and mastery of their materials. Enrollment information will be sent home with your child.
What can you do with over 20,000 pieces of LEGO®? In our Engineering with LEGO® enrichment program, take on real-life engineering challenges. In our classes, explore concepts in physics, architecture, mechanical and structural engineering. Find inventive solutions in a fun-filled context that supports the growth of young minds through hands-on, minds-on learning. Enrollment information will be sent home with your child.
Bringing professional and affordable chess instruction to children. Students learn the benefits of focusing, visualizing, weighing options, analyzing concretely, abstract thinking, planning, patience, thinking ahead, socializing, logic, risk vs. reward. Enrollment information will be sent home with your child.
Children learn Italian in a fun, small group environment. Learning a second language has shown improved problem solving and listening skills, concentration, creativity, and it's easier to pick up at an earlier age. The Italian language class at Henry Ford is organized by our very own PTA parents and taught by an experienced teacher. Enrollment information will be sent home with your child.